Physical ext and lungs, and gets a general feel for the overall health of the pet.aminations include looking at the eyes, ears, teeth and skin. During the exam the doctor feels the abdomen for any abnormalities, listens to the hear As pets get older annual or bi-annual blood-work may be recommended and can be done here in the office!
Vaccines are given at annual appointments.
Rabies vaccines are initially valid for 1 year. If the second vaccine is administered within 9 to 12 months from the first vaccine, the second vaccine will be valid for 3 years. The vaccine cannot be a 3-year vaccine if the first vaccine has expired. Vaccine titers are available for clients who wish to minimize vaccines.
Canine vaccines available include:
- Distemper vaccine in combination with Leptosporosis, Parvovirus, Hepatitis and Parainfluenza
- Bordetella (Kennel Cough)
- Lyme vaccine
Feline vaccines include:
- Distemper vaccine including Calicivirus and Panleukopenia
- Leukemia vaccine
- FIV and FIP (for high risk patients)
Dental health is a very important aspect of overall health. During an exam the doctor examines the pet’s oral cavity and determines if a dental is necessary. An appointment can then be made for one of our surgery days.
The cleaning requires general anesthesia to allow the doctor full access to the mouth. Once the teeth are ultrasonically cleaned they are polished with a prophy paste. If necessary, extractions may be performed (antibiotics may be sent home). Gum surgery can and may be performed if necessary.
Pet Boarding Services
Boarding for your pets are available on weekends and holidays! Vaccines must be updated prior to you pets’ stay with us.
Services are available on site!
Dr. Sawyers performs many soft tissue surgeries including but not limited to:
- Spay (Ovariohysterectomy) -- canine, feline and rabbit
- Neuter (Castration), including cryptorchid neuters -- canine, feline and rabbit
- Declaw for cats
- Cystotomy (bladder stone removal)
- Tumor removal (evaluated on a case by case basis)
- Laceration repairs
- Ferret adrenalectomies
- Exploratory surgery
- Feline jaw fracture repair
On site laboratory services are available!
Tests include but are not limited to:
- CBC (Complete blood count)
- T4 (Thyroid function test)
- 4DX (Canine test that screens for heartworm disease, Lyme disease, Anaplasmosis and Ehrlichia)
- Feline triple snap test (feline test that screens for heartworm
- FIV (Feline infectious virus) and FeLV (Feline Leukemia)
If your pet needs testing that we cannot do in house we offer a full range of send-out tests.
Rabies titers are available for pets traveling internationally.
National and International Health Certificates
All pets traveling need a current exam for health and vaccine status.
Regulations vary for different travel situations. Please check with the consulate of the country to which you are traveling to ensure all paperwork is complete.